How to create a spam rule to Outlook
Use this guide to create a mail rule that directs mail classified as spam directly to the spam folder.
- Log in to webmail at https://outlook.office365.com and click on the gear icon in the top right to open the Settings sidebar. Click View all Outlook settings
- On the left side of the window that opens, click Mail, and then click Rules
- Click the + Add new rule button at the top of the window
- In the tab that opens, enter:
- A descriptive name for the rule, for example SPAM-deletion
- Add a condition, which is what happens when a message arrives in your inbox
- Please note that a rule can have multiple conditions
- Add an action, that is, what to do if the message in the mailbox meets the condition
- Please note that the same rule can have multiple functions
- When making rules, always check if you need the Stop processing more rules check box. Click on the blue ball next to the text to get information about how the function works
- Click Save. The rule will then be active in your mail and will process the messages according to the terms. To quickly turn off a rule, press the blue dot on the left side of the rule.