Creating an Apple ID
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID is a personal account that you use to access Apple’s services, including:
• App Store: An app store where you can download new apps to your device.
• iTunes Store: Browse and purchase music, movies, and TV shows.
• iCloud: You can store your photos, videos, documents, music, programs, and information on Apple’s cloud service and keep them up to date on all of your Apple devices.
• iMessage: iMessage messages are text messages, pictures, or videos that can be sent to iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and Macs.
• Apple Online Store: Apple’s own online store where you can buy Apple products.
• FaceTime: You can make video calls between Apple devices.
The Apple ID includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security information you use for all Apple services.
To create an Apple ID, go to: https://appleid.apple.com/account and fill out the requested information.
Note! Jelppari can’t help if you lose your Apple ID information, so make sure you remember your Apple ID and password. We recommend using the SeAMK or Sedu email address to create an Apple ID.
Instructions for creating an ID
1. When you have completed all the requested information at https://appleid.apple.com/account click Continue.
2. You’ll then receive a verification code at your email address, which you need to enter into a window that opens in your browser. Finally, click Confirm.
3. After confirmation, you will be taken to the administration view of your Apple ID, where you can e.g. change your password, enable 2-step verification if you want, and add credit card information to purchase paid apps.
4. Add your home address to the shipping address, as this is a personal account, not a SeAMK or a Sedu account.
If you don’t want Apple newsletters, uncheck “Email from Apple.”
Finally, log out by clicking the Log Out button at the top right.